Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Records
Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska (Map It) was created on November 06, 1881 from Cheyenne County. The county was named for a towering bluff located in the Scotts Bluff National Monument; the bluffs themselves are named for Hiram Scott, a fur trapper who is alleged to have crawled 75 miles with a broken leg before collapsing and dying at the foot of the formation.
Scotts Bluff County is bordered by Sioux County (North), Box_Butte County (Northeast), Morrill County (East), Banner County (South), Goshen County, Wyoming (West).
Scotts Bluff County Cities and Towns include Gering, Minatare, Mitchell, Scottsbluff, Henry, Lyman, McGrew, Melbeta, Morrill, Terrytown.
A Map of Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Courthouse Records
Scotts Bluff County, NE Courthouse
The Scotts Bluff County Courthouse is located in Gering, Nebraska. Learn More About State of Nebraska Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Scotts Bluff county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Scotts Bluff County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1889. The County Clerk is responsible for Marriage Licenses and can also be expected to hold delayed birth registrations. Other records of interest to the researcher include military discharges, voter registrations, estray notices, marks and brands, physician’s registers, farm and ranch names, and school registers.
- Scotts Bluff County Register of Deeds has Land Records from 1889. The County Register of Deeds is responsible for maintaining and securing the land records of the county. The duties include preserving of old land records and maintaining records that have been recorded which include, warranty deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust, plats and any other documents that affect a specific piece of land in the county.
- Scotts Bluff Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1889 and Court Records from 1889. The Clerk of Courts duties include misdemeanor cases, including preliminary hearing in felony cases, civil cases involving less than $45,000, small claims involving less than 1889,400, probate, guardianship, conservatorship, adoption, and eminent domain and function as juvenile courts.
Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1860-1885, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from late 1904 to present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: from January 1909 to present
- Locations: Nebraska Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Nebraska Health & Human Services System, Vital Records, 1033 “O” Street, Suite 130, Lincoln, Nebraska, Gold’s Galleria, 1st floor (11th & N Streets); PH (402) 471-2871
Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Resources
- West Nebraska Family Research & History Center
- Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Message Boards
- Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Genealogy Boards
Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska External Links
- Nebraska Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Books - Amazon
- Scotts Bluff Co., Nebraska - FindaGrave
- Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Nebraska (1868–1983)
- Scotts Bluff Co. NEGenweb
- Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Ancestry Database Collections
- Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska Military Records