Hitchcock County, Nebraska Records
Hitchcock County, Nebraska (Map It) was created on February 27, 1873 from Unorganized area of the Nebraska Territory. The county was named in honor of Phineas Warren Hitchcock, a U.S. Senator from Nebraska.
Hitchcock County Cities and Towns include Culbertson, Palisade , Stratton, Trenton.
A Map of Hitchcock County, Nebraska contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Hitchcock County, Nebraska Courthouse Records
Hitchcock County, NE Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Hitchcock county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Hitchcock County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1888. The County Clerk is responsible for Marriage Licenses and can also be expected to hold delayed birth registrations. Other records of interest to the researcher include military discharges, voter registrations, estray notices, marks and brands, physician’s registers, farm and ranch names, and school registers.
- Hitchcock County Register of Deeds has Land Records from 1873. The County Register of Deeds is responsible for maintaining and securing the land records of the county. The duties include preserving of old land records and maintaining records that have been recorded which include, warranty deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust, plats and any other documents that affect a specific piece of land in the county.
- Hitchcock Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1873 and Court Records from 1873. The Clerk of Courts duties include misdemeanor cases, including preliminary hearing in felony cases, civil cases involving less than $45,000, small claims involving less than 1873,400, probate, guardianship, conservatorship, adoption, and eminent domain and function as juvenile courts.
Hitchcock County, Nebraska Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1860-1885, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Hitchcock County, Nebraska Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from late 1904 to present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: from January 1909 to present
- Locations: Nebraska Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Nebraska Health & Human Services System, Vital Records, 1033 “O” Street, Suite 130, Lincoln, Nebraska, Gold’s Galleria, 1st floor (11th & N Streets); PH (402) 471-2871
Hitchcock County, Nebraska Resources
- Hitchcock County Historical Society, P.O. Box 511, Trenton NE 69044-0511
- Hitchcock County, Nebraska Message Boards
- Hitchcock County, Nebraska Genealogy Boards
Hitchcock County, Nebraska External Links
- Nebraska Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Hitchcock County, Nebraska Books - Amazon
- Hitchcock Co., Nebraska - FindaGrave
- Hitchcock County, Nebraska Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Nebraska (1868–1983)
- Hitchcock Co. NEGenweb
- Hitchcock County, Nebraska Ancestry Database Collections
- Hitchcock County, Nebraska Military Records