Richland County, Montana Records
Richland County, Montana (Map It) was created on May 27, 1914 from Dawson County. The county was named so as to depict fertile soil, in an attempt to lure in settlers.
Richland County is bordered by Roosevelt County (north), McCone County (west), Dawson County (south), Wibaux County (south), McKenzie County, North Dakota (east).
Richland County Cities and Towns include Sidney, Fairview.
A Map of Richland County, Montana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Richland County, Montana Courthouse Records
Richland County, MT Courthouse
The Richland County Courthouse is located in Sidney, Montana. Learn More About State of Montana Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Richland county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Richland County Clerk and Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1914 / 1912 and Land Records from 1914. The County Clerk and Recorder responsibilities include but are not limited to, recording and maintaining the majority of all the legal documents relating to real estate records, land descriptions, plats and surveys, county birth and death records and the records of the Board of County commissioners.
- Richland County Clerk of District Court has Marriage / Divorce Records from 1914, Probate Records from 1914 and Court Records from 1914. The County Clerk of District Court is responsible for all District Court records. These records include Adoption, Civil, Criminal, Dependent Neglect, Domestic Relations, Guardianship, Juvenile, Paternity, Probate and Sanity cases. The clerk also issues, files and records all Madison County Marriage license applications and license.
Richland County, Montana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Montana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Richland County, Montana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Montana Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from late 1907 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: indexes from July 1943 to present. Copies of marriage and divorce records are available from the Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Montana Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, MT Dept. of Public Health and Human Services, 111 North Sanders, Rm 209, Helena, MT 59604-4210; (406) 444-2685
Richland County, Montana Resources
- Mon Dak Heritage Center
- Richland County, Montana Message Boards
- Richland County, Montana Genealogy Boards
Richland County, Montana External Links
- Montana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Richland County, Montana Books - Amazon
- Richland Co., Montana - FindaGrave
- Richland County, Montana Links - Cyndi's List
- Montana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Historical Newspapers from Montana (1866–1922)
- Richland Co. MTGenweb
- Richland County, Montana Ancestry Database Collections
- Richland County, Montana Military Records