Roosevelt County, Montana Records
Roosevelt County, Montana (Map It) was created on February 18, 1919 from Sheridan County. The county was named in honor of Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919), the twenty-sixth President of the United States.
Roosevelt County is bordered by Sheridan County (north), Daniels County (north), Valley County (west), McCone County (southwest), Richland County (south), Williams County, North Dakota (east).
Roosevelt County Cities and Towns include Poplar, Wolf Point, Bainville, Brockton, Culbertson, Froid.
A Map of Roosevelt County, Montana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Roosevelt County, Montana Courthouse Records
Roosevelt County, MT Courthouse
The Roosevelt County Courthouse is located in Wolf Point, Montana. Learn More About State of Montana Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Roosevelt county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Roosevelt County Clerk and Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1919 and Land Records from 1919. The County Clerk and Recorder responsibilities include but are not limited to, recording and maintaining the majority of all the legal documents relating to real estate records, land descriptions, plats and surveys, county birth and death records and the records of the Board of County commissioners.
- Roosevelt County Clerk of District Court has Marriage / Divorce Records from 1913, Probate Records from 1919 and Court Records from 1919. The County Clerk of District Court is responsible for all District Court records. These records include Adoption, Civil, Criminal, Dependent Neglect, Domestic Relations, Guardianship, Juvenile, Paternity, Probate and Sanity cases. The clerk also issues, files and records all Madison County Marriage license applications and license.
Roosevelt County, Montana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Montana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Roosevelt County, Montana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Montana Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from late 1907 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: indexes from July 1943 to present. Copies of marriage and divorce records are available from the Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Montana Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, MT Dept. of Public Health and Human Services, 111 North Sanders, Rm 209, Helena, MT 59604-4210; (406) 444-2685
Roosevelt County, Montana Resources
- Culberton Heritage Center, Us Highway 2 E, Culbertson MT 59218
- Roosevelt County, Montana Message Boards
- Roosevelt County, Montana Genealogy Boards
Roosevelt County, Montana External Links
- Montana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Roosevelt County, Montana Books - Amazon
- Roosevelt Co., Montana - FindaGrave
- Roosevelt County, Montana Links - Cyndi's List
- Montana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Historical Newspapers from Montana (1866–1922)
- Roosevelt Co. MTGenweb
- Roosevelt County, Montana Ancestry Database Collections
- Roosevelt County, Montana Military Records