West Carroll Parish, Louisiana Records
West Carroll Parish, Louisiana (Map It) was created on March 28, 1877 from Carroll (Old) Parish (Carroll (Old) Parish was formed March 14, 1832, out of the northern part of the original Concordia Parish). The parish was named in honor of Charles Carroll of Carrollton, the last surviving signer of the U.S. Declaration of Independence..
West Carroll Parish Cities and Towns include Epps, Forest, Kilbourne, Oak Grove, Pioneer.
A Map of West Carroll Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
West Carroll Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
West Carroll Parish, LA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in West Carroll parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- West Carroll Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1877, Land Records from 1833, Probate Records from 1850 and Court Records from 1898. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
West Carroll Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
West Carroll Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
West Carroll Parish, Louisiana Resources
West Carroll Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- West Carroll Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- West Carroll Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- West Carroll Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- West Carroll Parish LAGenweb
- West Carroll Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- West Carroll Parish, Louisiana Military Records