Red River Parish, Louisiana Records
Red River Parish, Louisiana (Map It) was created on March 2, 1871 from Caddo Parish, Bossier Parish, Bienville Parish, DeSoto Parish and Natchitoches Parish. The parish was named for the Red River, which is part of the Mississippi River watershed..
Red River Parish Cities and Towns include Coushatta, Edgefield, Hall Summit, Martin.
A Map of Red River Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Red River Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
Red River Parish, LA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Red River parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Red River Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1871, Land Records from 1871, Probate Records from 1871 and Court Records from 1904. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
Red River Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Red River Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
Red River Parish, Louisiana Resources
- Red River Heritage, 1825 Ringgold Ave, Coushatta, LA 71019; 318-932-8351
- Red River Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- Red River Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Boards
Red River Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Red River Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- Red River Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Red River Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- Red River Parish LAGenweb
- Red River Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Red River Parish, Louisiana Military Records