Barrow County, Georgia Records
Barrow County, Georgia (Map It) was created on July 7, 1914 from Jackson County, Walton County and Gwinnett County. Barrow County was named in honor of "Uncle Dave" David Crenshaw Barrow Jr. (1852 - 1929), the chancellor of the University of Georgia (1906 - 29).
A Map of Barrow County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Barrow County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Barrow County, GA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Barrow county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Barrow County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1915 and Court Records from 1915. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county.
- Barrow County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1915 and Probate Records from 1915.The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Barrow County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Barrow County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Barrow County, Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Barrow County, Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Barrow County, Georgia Resources
- East Georgia Genealogical Society
- Barrow County Historical Society
- Northwest Georgia Historical and Genealogical Society
- Etowah Valley Historical Society
- Barrow County, Georgia Message Boards
Barrow County, Georgia External Links
- Georgia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Barrow County, Georgia Books - Amazon
- Barrow Co., Georgia - FindaGrave
- Georgia Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgia Virtual Vault - historical documents, from 1733 to the present
- Barrow County, Georgia Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Georgia (1752 - 1997)
- Barrow County, GA History
- Barrow Co. GAGenweb
- Barrow County Historical Chronology
- Barrow County, Georgia Ancestry Database Collections
- Historical Maps of Barrow County
- Barrow County, Georgia Military Records