Oconee County, Georgia Records
A Map of Oconee County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Oconee County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Oconee County, GA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Oconee county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Oconee County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1875 and Court Records from 1875. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county.
- Oconee County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1875 and Probate Records from 1875.The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Oconee County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Oconee County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Oconee County, Georgia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Georgia Census Substitutes 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Oconee County, Georgia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Oconee County, Georgia Resources
- Oconee County Historical Society
- Clarke-Oconee Genealogical Society
- East Georgia Genealogical Society
- Oconee County, Georgia Message Boards
Oconee County, Georgia External Links
- Georgia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Oconee County, Georgia Books - Amazon
- Oconee Co., Georgia - FindaGrave
- Georgia Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgia Virtual Vault - historical documents, from 1733 to the present
- Oconee County, Georgia Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Georgia (1752 - 1997)
- Oconee County, GA History
- Oconee Co. GAGenweb
- Oconee County Historical Chronology
- Oconee County, Georgia Ancestry Database Collections
- Historical Maps of Oconee County
- Oconee County, Georgia Military Records