Pitkin County, Colorado Records
Pitkin County, Colorado (Map It) was created on February 23, 1881 and was split from Gunnison County. Pitkin County was named in honor of Frederick Walker Pitkin, the second Governor of the State of Colorado.
Pitkin County Cities and Towns include Ashcroft, Aspen, Basalt, Meredith, Redstone, Snowmass, Snowmass Village, Woody Creek.
A Map of Pitkin County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Colorado maps at MapGeeks.org
Pitkin County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Pitkin County, CO Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Pitkin county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Pitkin County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1881 and has Land Records from 1881. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Pitkin County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1881 and has Court Records from 1881.
- Pitkin County Public Health Agency has Birth / Death Records from 1890–1907
Pitkin County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pitkin County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Pitkin County, Colorado Resources
Pitkin County, Colorado External Links
- Colorado Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Pitkin County, Colorado Books - Amazon
- Pitkin Co., Colorado - FindaGrave
- Colorado Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Pitkin County, Colorado Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Colorado (1859–1978)
- Pitkin Co. COGenweb
- Pitkin County, Colorado Ancestry Database Collections
- Pitkin County, Colorado Military Records