Waller County, Texas Records
Waller County, Texas (Map It) was created on April 28, 1873 from Austin County and Grimes County. This county was named for Edwin Waller (1800–1881), a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence and the first mayor of Austin, Texas.
Waller County Cities and Towns include Brookshire, Hempstead, Katy, Pattison, Pine Island, Prairie View, Waller..
A Map of Waller County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Waller County, Texas Courthouse Records
Waller County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Waller county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Waller County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1873, Land Records from 1824, Probate Records from 1873 and Court Records from 1873. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Waller County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Waller County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Waller County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Waller County, Texas Resources
- Waller County Historical Society
- Waller Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Waller County, Texas Message Boards
Waller County, Texas External Links
- Texas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Waller County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910
- Waller Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Waller Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Waller County History
- Waller County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Waller Co. TXGenweb
- Waller County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas, Naturalization Records, 1906-1989
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Waller County, Texas Military Records