Milam County, Texas Records
Milam County, Texas (Map It) was created on March 17, 1836 as one of the original 23 counties . This county was named for Benjamin Rush Milam (1788–1835), an early Texas colonizer and soldier in the Texas Revolution..
Milam County Cities and Towns include Buckholts, Cameron, Milano, Rockdale, Thorndale.. A Map of Milam County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Milam County, Texas Courthouse Records
Milam County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Milam county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Courthouse and all county records were destroyed by fire in April 1874.
- Milam County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1874, Land Records from 1873, Probate Records from 1874 and Court Records from 1872. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Milam County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Milam County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: Republic of Texas Poll Lists for 1846
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Milam County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Milam County, Texas Resources
- Milam County Genealogical Society
- Milam Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Milam County, Texas Message Boards
Milam County, Texas External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Milam County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Milam Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Milam Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Milam County History
- Milam County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Milam Co. TXGenweb
- Milam County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Milam County, Texas Military Records