Menard County, Texas Records
Menard County, Texas (Map It) was created on January 22, 1858 from Bexar Land District . This county was named for Michel Branamour Menard, the founder of Galveston, Texas.
Menard County is bordered by Concho County (north), McCulloch County (northeast), Mason County (east), Kimble County (south), Schleicher County (west).
Menard County Cities and Towns include Fort McKavett, Hext, Menard..
A Map of Menard County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Menard County, Texas Courthouse Records
Menard County, TX Courthouse
The Menard County Courthouse is located in Menard, Texas. Learn More About State of Texas Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Menard county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Some early records prior to organization on May 8, 1871 may be located in Mason County
- Menard County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1871, Land Records from 1871, Probate Records from 1871 and Court Records from 1871. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Menard County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Menard County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Menard County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Menard County, Texas Resources
- Menard Genealogical Society, P O Box 714, Menard, TX 76859
- Menard Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Menard County, Texas Message Boards
Menard County, Texas External Links
- Texas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Menard County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Menard Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Menard Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Menard County History
- Menard County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Menard Co. TXGenweb
- Menard County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Menard County, Texas Military Records