Loving County, Texas Records
Loving County, Texas (Map It) was created on February 26, 1887 from Tom Green County. This county was named for Oliver Loving (1812–1867), a cattle rancher and pioneer of the cattle drive who, with Charles Goodnight, developed the Goodnight-Loving Trail.
Loving County is bordered by Lea County, New Mexico (north), Winkler County (east), Ward County (southeast), Reeves County (south & west), Eddy County, New Mexico (northwest).
Loving County Cities and Towns include None..
A Map of Loving County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Loving County, Texas Courthouse Records
Loving County, TX Courthouse
The Loving County Courthouse is located in Mentone, Texas. Learn More About State of Texas Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Loving county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Some early records prior to organization on May 14, 1931 may be located in Reeves County
- Loving County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1931, Marriage Records from 1931, Land Records from 1931, Probate Records from 1931 and Court Records from 1931. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Loving County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Loving County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Loving County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Loving County, Texas Resources
Loving County, Texas External Links
- Texas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Loving County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Loving Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Loving Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Loving County History
- Loving County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Loving Co. TXGenweb
- Loving County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Loving County, Texas Military Records