Gregg County, Texas Records
Gregg County Cities and Towns include Clarksville City, Easton , Gladewater , Kilgore, Lakeport, Longview, Warren City, White Oak.. A Map of Gregg County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Gregg County, Texas Courthouse Records
Gregg County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Gregg county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Gregg County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1873 for Birth; 1903 for death, Marriage Records from 1873, Land Records from 1873, Probate Records from 1873 and Court Records from 1873. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Gregg County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Gregg County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Gregg County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Gregg County, Texas Resources
- East Texas Genealogical Society
- Gregg County Historical and Genealogical Society
- Longview Public Library
- Gregg Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Gregg County, Texas Message Boards
Gregg County, Texas External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Gregg County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Gregg County, Texas Census, 1920
- Gregg County, Texas Census, 1910
- Gregg County, Texas Census, 1900
- Gregg Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Gregg Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Gregg County History
- Gregg County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Gregg Co. TXGenweb
- Gregg County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Gregg County, Texas Military Records