Cameron County, Texas Records
Cameron County Cities and Towns include Brownsville, Harlingen, La Feria, Los Fresnos, Palm Valley, Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, San Benito, Bayview, Combes, Indian Lake, Laguna Vista, Los Indios, Primera, Rancho Viejo, Santa Rosa, South Padre Island.. A Map of Cameron County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Cameron County, Texas Courthouse Records
Cameron County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Cameron county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Cameron County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1848, Land Records from 1848, Probate Records from 1848 and Court Records from 1849. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Cameron County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Cameron County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- State Population Schedules: Republic of Texas Poll Lists for 1846
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Cameron County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Cameron County, Texas Resources
- Ft. Brown Genealogical Society, 608 East Adams, Brownsville 78520-6087
- Tip O' Tex Genealogical Society, 410 '76 Drive, Harlingen 78550
- Cameron Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Cameron County, Texas Message Boards
Cameron County, Texas External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Brownsville Herald (Brownsville, Texas)
- Valley Morning Star (Harlingen, Texas)
- Cameron County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Cameron Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Cameron Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Cameron County History
- Cameron County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Cameron Co. TXGenweb
- Cameron County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Cameron County, Texas Military Records