Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Records
Rio Arriba County, New Mexico (Map It) was created on January 6, 1852 as one of the nine original counties. The county was named for its location on the upper Rio Grande (Rio Arriba is "upper river" in Spanish).
Rio Arriba County is bordered by Taos County.east), Mora County, Santa Fe County (south), Los Alamos County (south), Sandoval County (south), San Juan County (west), Archuleta County, Colorado (north), Conejos County, Colorado (north).
Rio Arriba County Cities and Towns include Española, Dulce.
Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Courthouse Records
Rio Arriba County, NM Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Rio Arriba county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Rio Arriba County Clerks office has Marriage Records from 1884, Land Records from 1852 and Probate Records from 1852. The County Clerks office has land records, including deeds, mining records, surveys, and plats; marriage records; and some probate records. Also Military discharges, liens, mortgages, powers of attorney, and miscellaneous affidavits may be found there.
- Rio Arriba County 1st District Court Clerk has many responsibilities which include courts of general jurisdiction, including probate and divorce, actions, as well as jury trials.
Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Census Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Territorial Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Vital Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1920 to present and delayed records since 1880.
- Marriage Records: None, See County Clerk's Office
- Divorce Records: None, See Magistrate Court's Office
- Locations: New Mexico Bureau of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: New Mexico Vital Records and Health Statistics, 1105 St. Francis Dr., Santa Fe, NM 87502; (505) 827-0121
Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Resources
- Espanola Family History Center, Corner McCurdy Rd & Fairview, Espanola, NM. Phone 505-753-3751
- Ghost Ranch Living Museum, HCR 77, Box 15, Abiquiu, New Mexico, 87510.
- Rio Arriba County Historical Society, P.O. Box 158, Tierra Amarilla, New Mexico, 87575
- Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Message Boards
Rio Arriba County, New Mexico External Links
- Historical Newspapers from New Mexico (1844–1973)
- Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Books - Amazon
- Rio Arriba Co., New Mexico - FindaGrave
- Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Links - Cyndi's List
- Rio Arriba Co. NMGenweb
- Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Ancestry Database Collections
- Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Military Records