Curry County, New Mexico Records
Curry County, New Mexico (Map It) was created on February 25, 1909 from Quay County and Roosevelt County. The county was named in honor of George Curry, a governor of New Mexico Territory from 1907 to 1910.
Curry County Cities and Towns include Grady, Melrose, Clovis, Texico.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old New Mexico maps.
Curry County, New Mexico Courthouse Records
Curry County, NM Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Curry county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Curry County Clerks office has Marriage Records from 1905, Land Records from 1903 and Probate Records from 1909. The County Clerks office has land records, including deeds, mining records, surveys, and plats; marriage records; and some probate records. Also Military discharges, liens, mortgages, powers of attorney, and miscellaneous affidavits may be found there.
- Curry County 9th District Court Clerk has many responsibilities which include courts of general jurisdiction, including probate and divorce, actions, as well as jury trials.
Curry County, New Mexico Census Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Territorial Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Curry County, New Mexico Vital Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1920 to present and delayed records since 1880.
- Marriage Records: None, See County Clerk's Office
- Divorce Records: None, See Magistrate Court's Office
- Locations: New Mexico Bureau of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: New Mexico Vital Records and Health Statistics, 1105 St. Francis Dr., Santa Fe, NM 87502; (505) 827-0121
Curry County, New Mexico Resources
- Clovis Family History Center
- Curry County Genealogical Society
- High Plains Historical Foundation
- Curry County, New Mexico Message Boards
Curry County, New Mexico External Links
- New Mexico Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from New Mexico (1844–1973)
- Curry County, New Mexico Books - Amazon
- Curry Co., New Mexico - FindaGrave
- Curry County, New Mexico Links - Cyndi's List
- Curry Co. NMGenweb
- Curry County, New Mexico Ancestry Database Collections
- Curry County, New Mexico Military Records