Quay County, New Mexico Records
Quay County, New Mexico (Map It) was created on February 28, 1903 from Guadalupe County. The county was named in honor of Matthew Stanley Quay, a U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania who supported New Mexico's statehood.
Quay County is bordered by Union County (north), Harding County, San Miguel County (west), Guadalupe County (west), De Baca County (southwest), Roosevelt County (south), Curry County (south), Deaf Smith County, Texas , Oldham County, Texas (east), Hartley County, Texas (northeast).
Quay County Cities and Towns include Tucumcari.
Quay County, New Mexico Courthouse Records
Quay County, NM Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Quay county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Quay County Clerks office has Marriage Records from 1893, Land Records from 1903 and Probate Records from 1892. The County Clerks office has land records, including deeds, mining records, surveys, and plats; marriage records; and some probate records. Also Military discharges, liens, mortgages, powers of attorney, and miscellaneous affidavits may be found there.
- Quay County District Court Clerk has many responsibilities which include courts of general jurisdiction, including probate and divorce, actions, as well as jury trials.
Quay County, New Mexico Census Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Territorial Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Quay County, New Mexico Vital Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1920 to present and delayed records since 1880.
- Marriage Records: None, See County Clerk's Office
- Divorce Records: None, See Magistrate Court's Office
- Locations: New Mexico Bureau of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: New Mexico Vital Records and Health Statistics, 1105 St. Francis Dr., Santa Fe, NM 87502; (505) 827-0121
Quay County, New Mexico Resources
- Tucumcari Family History Center, 2400 S. 9th St., Tucumcari, NM. Phone 505-461-9676
- Tucumcari Historical Research Institute, 416 S. Adams, Tucumcari, New Mexico, 88401
- Quay County Genealogical Society, Tucumcari Public Library
- Quay County, New Mexico Message Boards
Quay County, New Mexico External Links
- Historical Newspapers from New Mexico (1844–1973)
- Quay County, New Mexico Books - Amazon
- Quay Co., New Mexico - FindaGrave
- Quay County, New Mexico Links - Cyndi's List
- Quay Co. NMGenweb
- Quay County, New Mexico Ancestry Database Collections
- Quay County, New Mexico Military Records