Broadwater County, Montana Records
Broadwater County, Montana (Map It) was created on February 09, 1897 from Jefferson County and Meagher County. The county was named in honor of Charles A. Broadwater (1840 - 1892), a pioneer in the area and colonel in the United States Army..
Broadwater County Cities and Towns include Townsend, Radersburg, Toston, Winston. A Map of Broadwater County, Montana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Broadwater County, Montana Courthouse Records
Broadwater County, MT Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Broadwater county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Broadwater County Clerk and Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1894 / 1903 and Land Records from 1897. The County Clerk and Recorder responsibilities include but are not limited to, recording and maintaining the majority of all the legal documents relating to real estate records, land descriptions, plats and surveys, county birth and death records and the records of the Board of County commissioners.
- Broadwater County Clerk of District Court has Marriage / Divorce Records from 1897, Probate Records from 1897 and Court Records from 1897. The County Clerk of District Court is responsible for all District Court records. These records include Adoption, Civil, Criminal, Dependent Neglect, Domestic Relations, Guardianship, Juvenile, Paternity, Probate and Sanity cases. The clerk also issues, files and records all Madison County Marriage license applications and license.
Broadwater County, Montana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Montana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Broadwater County, Montana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Montana Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from late 1907 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: indexes from July 1943 to present. Copies of marriage and divorce records are available from the Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Montana Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, MT Dept. of Public Health and Human Services, 111 North Sanders, Rm 209, Helena, MT 59604-4210; (406) 444-2685
Broadwater County, Montana Resources
Broadwater County, Montana External Links
- Montana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Broadwater County, Montana Books - Amazon
- Broadwater Co., Montana - FindaGrave
- Broadwater County, Montana Links - Cyndi's List
- Montana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Historical Newspapers from Montana (1866–1922)
- Broadwater Co. MTGenweb
- Broadwater County, Montana Ancestry Database Collections
- Broadwater County, Montana Military Records