Summit County, Colorado Records
Summit County, Colorado (Map It) was created on November 1, 1861 as one of the 17 original counties of the Territory of Colorado. Summit County was named after the many high mountain summits in the area.
Summit County Cities and Towns include Blue River, Breckenridge, Dillon, Dyersville, Frisco, Heeney, Keystone, Montezuma, Silverthorne.
A Map of Summit County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Summit County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Summit County, CO Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Summit county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Summit County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1862 and has Land Records from 1861. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Summit County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1861 and has Court Records from 1861.
- Summit County Public Health Department has Birth / Death Records from 1892–1905
Summit County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Summit County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Summit County, Colorado Resources
- Frisco Historical Society, 120 Main St., Frisco, CO 80443; 970-668-3428
- Summit Historical Society
- Summit County, Colorado Message Boards
Summit County, Colorado External Links
- Colorado Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Summit County, Colorado Books - Amazon
- Summit Co., Colorado - FindaGrave
- Colorado Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Summit County, Colorado Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Colorado (1859–1978)
- Summit Co. COGenweb
- Summit County, Colorado Ancestry Database Collections
- Summit County, Colorado Military Records