Allendale County, South Carolina Records
Allendale County is bordered by Bamberg County (northeast), Colleton County (east), Hampton County (southeast), Screven County, Georgia (southwest), Burke County, Georgia (west), Barnwell County (northwest).
Allendale County Cities and Towns include Allendale, Fairfax, Sycamore, Ulmer.
A Map of Allendale County, South Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Allendale County, South Carolina Courthouse Records
Allendale County, SC Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Allendale county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
The original Courthouse was burned May, 1998. Reconstruction and renovations of the Courthouse began in August, 2002.
- Allendale County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1919 and Probate Records from 1919. The County Clerk of Probate Court has original jurisdiction over actions concerning the issuance of marriage licenses, the estate of a deceased person, the will of an individual, the estate of a minor or incapacitated person, trusts, and involuntary commitments.
- Allendale County Clerk of Court / Register of Deeds has Court Records from 1919, Divorce Records from since April 1949 and Land Records from 1919. The County Clerk of Court / Register of Deeds is divided into General Sessions and Common Pleas Court. The Circuit Court is a formal court of record. It records and maintain deeds, mortgages, plats, state and federal tax liens, mechanics liens, uniform commercial code filings, and other miscellaneous documents pertaining to real estate transactions.
- Allendale County Tax Assessor / Collector is responsible for the collection of taxes. Our office does not calculate a property’s taxable value (Assessor’s Office).
- Allendale County Health Department has birth and death records from 1919. Marriage records prior to 1950 are available from the Probate Court office. Divorce records since April 1949 are available from the County Clerk's office.
Allendale County, South Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of South Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Allendale County, South Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of South Carolina Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1915 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1950 to present. Contact the Office of Probate for earlier records.
- Divorce Records: from July 1962 to present. Contact the Clerk of Court for earlier records.
- Locations: South Carolina Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate or Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: List of Vital Records Services Office locations
Allendale County, South Carolina Resources
Allendale County, South Carolina External Links
- South Carolina Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from South Carolina (1783 - 1975 )
- Allendale County, South Carolina Books - Amazon
- South Carolina Archives Summary Guide to Allendale County Records
- Allendale Co., South Carolina - FindaGrave
- A History of Allendale County
- Allendale County History
- Allendale County, South Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Allendale Co. SCGenweb
- Allendale County, South Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- South Carolina Revolutionary War Units
- Allendale County, South Carolina Military Records
- Directory of Scots in the Carolinas, 1680-1830