Scotland County, North Carolina Records
Scotland County, North Carolina (Map It) was created on 1899 from Richmond County. This county was named for the country Scotland, part of the United Kingdom.
Scotland County is bordered by Hoke County (northeast), Robeson County (southeast), Marlboro County, South Carolina (southwest), Richmond County (northwest).
Scotland County Cities and Towns include East Laurinburg, Gibson, Laurel Hill, Laurinburg, Wagram. A Map of Scotland County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Scotland County Townships include Laurel Hill, Spring Hill, Stewartsville, and Williamson. View a Map of Scotland County Townships.
Scotland County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Scotland County, NC Courthouse
The Scotland County Courthouse is located in Laurinburg, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Scotland county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Scotland County Records in the North Carolina State Archives.
- Scotland County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1900, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1900.
- Scotland County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1887, Court Records from 1887 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Scotland County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Scotland Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Scotland County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Scotland County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Scotland County, North Carolina Resources
- Scotland County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 496, Laurel Hill, NC 28351-0496
- Scotland County, North Carolina Message Boards
Scotland County, North Carolina External Links
- Maine Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Scotland County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Scotland Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- American History, Scotland County, North Carolina
- A History of Scotland County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Scotland County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Scotland Co. NCGenweb
- Scotland County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Scotland County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories