Dona Ana County, New Mexico Records
Dona Ana County, New Mexico (Map It) was created on January 6, 1852 as one of the nine original counties. The county was named in honor of Doña Ana Robledo, a seventeenth century Spanish woman known for her charitable giving to the native population.
Dona Ana County Cities and Towns include Las Cruces, Sunland Park, Anthony, Mesilla.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old New Mexico maps.
Dona Ana County, New Mexico Courthouse Records
Dona Ana County, NM Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Dona Ana county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Part of Gadsden Purchase, 1854.
- Dona Ana County Clerks office has Marriage Records from 1869, Land Records from 1803 and Probate Records from 1833. The County Clerks office has land records, including deeds, mining records, surveys, and plats; marriage records; and some probate records. Also Military discharges, liens, mortgages, powers of attorney, and miscellaneous affidavits may be found there.
- Dona Ana County 3rd District Court Clerk has many responsibilities which include courts of general jurisdiction, including probate and divorce, actions, as well as jury trials.
Dona Ana County, New Mexico Census Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Territorial Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Dona Ana County, New Mexico Vital Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1920 to present and delayed records since 1880.
- Marriage Records: None, See County Clerk's Office
- Divorce Records: None, See Magistrate Court's Office
- Locations: New Mexico Bureau of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: New Mexico Vital Records and Health Statistics, 1105 St. Francis Dr., Santa Fe, NM 87502; (505) 827-0121
Dona Ana County, New Mexico Resources
- Dona Ana County Historical Society, 500 North Water Street, Las Cruces, New Mexico, 88001-1224.
- Gadsen Historical Society, P. O. Box 147, Mesilla, New Mexico, 88046.
- Hatch Family History Center, Las Cruces Family History Center, 3210 Venus St., Las Cruces, NM. Phone 505-382-0618
- Roman Catholic, Diocese of Las Cruces, 1280 Med Park, P.O. Box 16318, Las Cruces, New Mexico, 88004.
- Southern New Mexico Genealogical Society, P. O. Box 2563, Las Cruces, New Mexico, 88004-2563
- Southern New Mexico Historical Collections at NMSU, Austin Hoover archivist. Phone: 505-646-1543.
- Thomas Branigan Library, 200 E. Picacho, Las Cruces, NM 88001. Phone No. 505 - 528-4005
- Dona Ana County, New Mexico Message Boards
Dona Ana County, New Mexico External Links
- New Mexico Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from New Mexico (1844–1973)
- Dona Ana County, New Mexico Books - Amazon
- Dona Ana Co., New Mexico - FindaGrave
- Dona Ana County, New Mexico Links - Cyndi's List
- Dona Ana Co. NMGenweb
- Dona Ana County, New Mexico Ancestry Database Collections
- Dona Ana County, New Mexico Military Records