Sheridan County, Nebraska Records
Sheridan County is bordered by Shannon County, South Dakota (north), Cherry County (east), Grant County (southeast), Garden County (south), Morrill County (southwest), Dawes County (west), Box_Butte County (west).
Sheridan County Cities and Towns include Gordon, Rushville, Clinton, Hay Springs.
A Map of Sheridan County, Nebraska contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Sheridan County, Nebraska Courthouse Records
Sheridan County, NE Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Sheridan county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Sheridan County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1885. The County Clerk is responsible for Marriage Licenses and can also be expected to hold delayed birth registrations. Other records of interest to the researcher include military discharges, voter registrations, estray notices, marks and brands, physician’s registers, farm and ranch names, and school registers.
- Sheridan County Register of Deeds has Land Records from 1885. The County Register of Deeds is responsible for maintaining and securing the land records of the county. The duties include preserving of old land records and maintaining records that have been recorded which include, warranty deeds, mortgages, deeds of trust, plats and any other documents that affect a specific piece of land in the county.
- Sheridan Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1894 and Court Records from 1885. The Clerk of Courts duties include misdemeanor cases, including preliminary hearing in felony cases, civil cases involving less than $45,000, small claims involving less than 1885,400, probate, guardianship, conservatorship, adoption, and eminent domain and function as juvenile courts.
Sheridan County, Nebraska Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1860-1885, 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Sheridan County, Nebraska Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nebraska Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from late 1904 to present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: from January 1909 to present
- Locations: Nebraska Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Nebraska Health & Human Services System, Vital Records, 1033 “O” Street, Suite 130, Lincoln, Nebraska, Gold’s Galleria, 1st floor (11th & N Streets); PH (402) 471-2871
Sheridan County, Nebraska Resources
Sheridan County, Nebraska External Links
- Nebraska Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Sheridan County, Nebraska Books - Amazon
- Sheridan Co., Nebraska - FindaGrave
- Sheridan County, Nebraska Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Nebraska (1868–1983)
- Sheridan Co. NEGenweb
- Sheridan County, Nebraska Ancestry Database Collections
- Sheridan County, Nebraska Military Records