Logan County, Kansas Records
Logan County, Kansas (Map It) was created on March 13, 1881 from Unorganized Territory. Logan County was originally named St. John County and was named for John P. St. John (1833-1916), governor of Kansas from 1879 to 1883. St. John County was renamed to Logan County on February 24, 1887. The county was named in honor of John Alexander Logan (1826-1886), prominent Union Civil War general and U.S. Senator from Illinois..
Logan County Cities and Towns include Oakley, Winona and Russell Springs.
A Map of Logan County, Kansas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Logan County, Kansas Courthouse Records
Logan County, KS Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Logan county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Logan County Clerks Office has Birth Records from 18?, Marriage Records from 1888 and Death Records from 18?. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Logan County Register of Deeds Officehas Land Records from 1885. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Logan County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1885 and Court Records from 1888. The Clerk of Court is part of the Judicial Branch of local government and as such is required to maintain a record of all documents filed with the courts, keep a record of all court proceedings, and collect various fines and forfeitures ordered by the court and specified by statute.
- Logan County Treasurers Office by Kansas State law is responsible for the tax billing, collection and distribution of tax money for the State, County, Cities and all other taxing entities that levy Ad Valorem and/or special assessment taxes. For the most part, tax records remain at the local level. Assessment and tax rolls are kept, permanently, by the County Treasurer's office.
Logan County, Kansas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kansas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: Census Collection, 1855-1925, 1919-1961
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Logan County, Kansas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kansas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1, 1911 to present
- Marriage Records: from May 1, 1913 to present.
- Divorce Records: from July 1, 1951 to present.
- Locations: Kansas Office of Vital Statistics, Curtis State Office Building, 1000 S W Jackson, Suite 120, Topeka, KS 66612-2221; (785) 296-3253
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Logan County, Kansas Resources
- State of Kansas Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Kansas
- Search for Logan Co. records at the Kansas State Archives
- Logan County, Kansas Message Boards
Logan County, Kansas External Links
- Kansas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Logan County, Kansas Books - Amazon
- Logan Co., Kansas - FindaGrave
- Kansas Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Logan County, Kansas Links - Cyndi's List
- Logan County - Kansas Historical Society Biography
- Historical Newspapers from Kansas (1841–1981)
- Logan Co. KSGenweb
- Logan County, Kansas Ancestry Database Collections
- Logan County, Kansas Military Records