Franklin County, Washington Records
Franklin County, Washington (Map It) was created on November 28, 1883 from Whitman County.. The county was named in honor of Benjamin Franklin (1706–1790), writer, orator, inventor, and U.S. Founding Father. Its early history centered on transportation. The Caribou rail, used from 1859-68, traversed the county. Later means of transportation included the establishment of ferries on the Columbia and Snake rivers closely followed by the introduction of railroads through the county. .
Franklin County Cities and Towns include Basin City, Connell, Kahlotus, Mesa, Pasco, West Pasco.
A Map of Franklin County, Washington contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Franklin County, Washington Courthouse Records
Franklin County, WA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research. Although originally held in the county seat, many county land, probate, and court records have been transferred to the state archive's regional branches.
The Franklin County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time. They may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, court records, and so forth.
- Franklin County Auditor has Birth and Death Records from 1891 to 1907, Marriage Records from 1890 and Land Records from 1880 . The County Auditor has many responsibilities which include the recording of real property documents such as deeds and other recorded documents, issuing various licenses such as marriage liscense.
- Franklin County Clerk has Court Records from 1884 and Probate Records from 1874 . The County Clerk is the administrator of the Superior Court Clerk's Office. The Clerk's Office is responsible for keeping the permanent records of all cases filed in Superior Court. The type of cases filed are felony criminal cases, civil lawsuits, petitions for protection from domestic violence, family law matters (dissolutions 3rd Party Custody, parenting plans, modifications) probates, guardianships, Last Will & Testaments, paternities, adoptions and mental commitments. For judicial purposes, many of the Washington counties were attached to other counties.
- Franklin County Treasurer is the property tax collector for the County. Property Taxes are levied on the property by the various taxing authorities based on the valuation and current property usage as set by the Assessor's Office.
- The Benton-Franklin Health District can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait.
Franklin County, Washington Census Records
- Learn More: State of Washington Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State and Territorial Population Schedules: 1857-1892
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Franklin County, Washington Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Washington Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1, 1907 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1, 1968 to present
- Locations: Washington Department of Health
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth / Death Certificate or the Marriage / Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Center for Health Statistics, Department of Health, 101 Israel Road SE, Tumwater, WA 98501
Franklin County, Washington Resources
- Tri-City Genealogical Society
- Franklin County Historical Society & Museum
- Basin City Family History Center, 160 Bailie Blvd, Basin City, WA. Phone 509-269-4237.
- State Archives Central Branch
- Franklin County, Washington Message Boards
- Franklin County, Washington Genealogy Forum
- Washington State Digital Archives
Franklin County, Washington External Links
- Washington Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Washington (1890 - 1984)
- Franklin County, Washington Books - Amazon
- Franklin Co., Washington - FindaGrave
- Tri City Herald (Pasco, Washington)
- Franklin County, Washington Links - Cyndi's List
- Franklin Co. WAGenweb
- Franklin County, Washington Ancestry Database Collections
- Franklin County, Washington Military Records
- Washington, Postmaster Indexes, Prior to 1965
- Washington gazetteer and business directory : 1901-1902.