Adams County, Washington Records
Adams County, Washington (Map It) was created on November 28, 1883 from Whitman County. The county was named in honor of John Adams (1735–1826), 2nd U.S. President. It was first visited by European fur traders in 1811 and early travelers first passed through the county on the Colville Road in 1826. The county was first settled in 1869 and later attracted a large number of hardy Russian-German immigrants. The county's economy is primarily agricultural with wheat the most important crop. Barley, oats, beans and peas are also grown. .
Adams County Cities and Towns include Hatton, Lind, Othello, Ritzville, Washtucna. A Map of Adams County, Washington contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Adams County, Washington Courthouse Records
Adams County, WA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research. Although originally held in the county seat, many county land, probate, and court records have been transferred to the state archive's regional branches.
The Adams County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time. They may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, court records, and so forth.
- Adams County Auditor has Birth and Death Records from 1891 to 1907, Marriage Records from 1891 and Land Records from 1884. The County Auditor has many responsibilities which include the recording of real property documents such as deeds and other recorded documents, issuing various licenses such as marriage liscense.
- Adams County Clerk has Court Records from 1885 and Probate Records from 1890. The County Clerk is the administrator of the Superior Court Clerk's Office. The Clerk's Office is responsible for keeping the permanent records of all cases filed in Superior Court. The type of cases filed are felony criminal cases, civil lawsuits, petitions for protection from domestic violence, family law matters (dissolutions 3rd Party Custody, parenting plans, modifications) probates, guardianships, Last Will & Testaments, paternities, adoptions and mental commitments. For judicial purposes, many of the Washington counties were attached to other counties.
- Adams County Treasurer is the property tax collector for the County. Property Taxes are levied on the property by the various taxing authorities based on the valuation and current property usage as set by the Assessor's Office.
- The Adams County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait.
Adams County, Washington Census Records
- Learn More: State of Washington Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State and Territorial Population Schedules: 1857-1892
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Adams County, Washington Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Washington Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1, 1907 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1, 1968 to present
- Locations: Washington Department of Health
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth / Death Certificate or the Marriage / Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Center for Health Statistics, Department of Health, 101 Israel Road SE, Tumwater, WA 98501
Adams County, Washington Resources
- Adams County Historical Society
- Washington State Archives, Eastern Washington Regional Archives
- Mid-Columbia Library
- Othello Family History Center Library, 12th & Rainer, Othello, WA 99344. Phone 509-488-6412.
- Ritzville Family History Center Library, 506 S Weber Rd, Ritzville, WA 99169. Phone 509-659-0932.
- Adams County Historical Society Museum, PO Box 526, First St, Lind, WA 99341. Phone 509-677-3393.
- Burroughs Historic Home, PO Box 106, Ritzville, WA 99169. Phone 509-659-0274.
- Othello Community Museum, PO Box 121, 3rd and Larch, Othello, WA 99344. Phone 509-488-2420.
- Greater Othello Chamber of Commerce
- Ritzville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Adams County, Washington Message Boards
- Adams County, Washington Genealogy Forum
- Washington State Digital Archives
Adams County, Washington External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Washington (1890 - 1984)
- Adams County, Washington Books - Amazon
- Inventory of the county archives of Washington, no. 1. Adams County (Ritzville)
- Adams Co., Washington - FindaGrave
- Tombstone inscriptions of Adams County, Washington
- Adams County, Washington Links - Cyndi's List
- Adams Co. WAGenweb
- Adams County, Washington Ancestry Database Collections
- Adams County, Washington Military Records
- Washington, Postmaster Indexes, Prior to 1965
- Washington gazetteer and business directory : 1901-1902.