Lanier County, Georgia Records
Lanier County, Georgia (Map It) was created on August 7, 1920 from Berrien County, Clinch County and Lowndes County. Lanier County was named in honor of Sidney Lanier (1842-1881), famous attorney, linguist, mathematician, and musician.
A Map of Lanier County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Lanier County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Lanier County, GA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Lanier county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Lanier County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1921 and Court Records from 1921. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county.
- Lanier County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1921 and Probate Records from 1921.The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Lanier County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Lanier County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Lanier County, Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Lanier County, Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Lanier County, Georgia Resources
- Lanier County Historical Society, Inc., 103 E Main St; Lakeland, GA 31635-1117; (229) 247-1040
- Lanier County, Georgia Message Boards
Lanier County, Georgia External Links
- Georgia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Lanier County, Georgia Books - Amazon
- Lanier Co., Georgia - FindaGrave
- Georgia Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgia Virtual Vault - historical documents, from 1733 to the present
- Lanier County, Georgia Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Georgia (1752 - 1997)
- Lanier County, GA History
- Lanier Co. GAGenweb
- Lanier County Historical Chronology
- Lanier County, Georgia Ancestry Database Collections
- Historical Maps of Lanier County
- Lanier County, Georgia Military Records