Hardee County, Florida Records
Hardee County Cities and Towns include Bowling Green, Wauchula, Zolfo Springs.
A Map of Hardee County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Hardee Co. Historical Events:
- It is the second largest strawberry producing county in the State.
- Capt. George S. Payne and D. Whiddon were killed at a trading post on Peace River, June 17, 1849.
- First bank in Wauchula founded March 15th,, 1904, the cor-poration being known as Carlton and Carlton Bankers.
Hardee County, Florida Courthouse Records
Hardee County, FL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Hardee county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Hardee County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1921, Land Records from 1921, Probate Records from 1921 and Court Records from 1921. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Hardee County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Hardee County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Hardee County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Hardee County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Hardee County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- Hardee County, Florida Message Boards
Hardee County, Florida External Links
- Florida Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Hardee County, Florida Books - Amazon
- Hardee Co., Florida - FindaGrave
- Florida Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Hardee County Courthouse History
- Hardee County, Florida Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Florida (1823 - 1959)
- Hardee Co. FLGenweb
- Hardee County, Florida Ancestry Database Collections
- Hardee County maps from Exploring Florida website
- Hardee County, Florida Military Records