Hyde County, South Dakota Records
Hyde County Cities and Towns include Highmore, Holabird, Stephan.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old South Dakota maps.
Hyde County, South Dakota Courthouse Records
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Hyde county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Hyde County Register of Deeds has Marriage Records from July 1890 and Land Records from 1873?. The County Register of Deeds is the primary record-keeping and archival repository for county land records and for the recording & maintaining of records pertaining to that real estate, plats, deeds, mortgages & many miscellaneous documents. This office is the keeper of birth, death & marriage records, military discharge records, fictitious name filings, and various types of liens, including mechanic’s liens, state and federal tax liens.
- Hyde County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1873? and Court Records from 1873?.
Hyde County, South Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of South Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S., Schedules of Special Census of Indians: 1880, 1885-1940,
- State Population Schedules: 1885 Territorial Census, 1895, 1905, 1915, 1925, 1935, 1945
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Hyde County, South Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of South Dakota Vital Records
- Birth, Death and Marriage Records: since July 1905, also from County Register of Deeds
- Divorce Records: since July 1905, also from County Clerk of Courts
- Locations: South Dakota Department of Health
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Records, Dept of Health, 600 East Capitol, Pierre, SD 57501-2536; (605) 773-4961
Hyde County, South Dakota Resources
- Hyde County Historical & Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 392, Highmore, SD 57345-0334
- Hyde County, South Dakota Message Boards
- Hyde County, South Dakota Genealogy Boards
Hyde County, South Dakota External Links
- South Dakota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from South Dakota (1861–2002)
- Hyde County, South Dakota Books - Amazon
- Hyde Co., South Dakota - FindaGrave
- History of Hyde County, South Dakota : from its organization to the present time
- Hyde County, South Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Hyde Co. SDGenweb
- Hyde County, South Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Hyde County, South Dakota Military Records