Hutchinson County, South Dakota Records
Hutchinson County, South Dakota (Map It) was created on May 08, 1862 from Unorganized territory. The county was named in honor of John Hutchinson, territorial legislator.
Hutchinson County is bordered by Hanson County (north), McCook County (northeast), Turner County (east), Yankton County (southeast), Bon Homme County (south), Charles Mix County (southwest), Douglas County (west), Davison County (northwest).
Hutchinson County Cities and Towns include Dimock, Freeman, Kaylor, Menno, Milltown, Olivet, Parkston, Tripp.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old South Dakota maps.
Hutchinson County, South Dakota Courthouse Records
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Hutchinson county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Hutchinson County Register of Deeds has Marriage Records from August 27, 1887 and Land Records from 1862?. The County Register of Deeds is the primary record-keeping and archival repository for county land records and for the recording & maintaining of records pertaining to that real estate, plats, deeds, mortgages & many miscellaneous documents. This office is the keeper of birth, death & marriage records, military discharge records, fictitious name filings, and various types of liens, including mechanic’s liens, state and federal tax liens.
- Hutchinson County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1862? and Court Records from 1862?.
Hutchinson County, South Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of South Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870 (as Dakota Territory), 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S., Schedules of Special Census of Indians: 1880, 1885-1940,
- State Population Schedules: 1885 Territorial Census, 1895, 1905, 1915, 1925, 1935, 1945
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Hutchinson County, South Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of South Dakota Vital Records
- Birth, Death and Marriage Records: since July 1905, also from County Register of Deeds
- Divorce Records: since July 1905, also from County Clerk of Courts
- Locations: South Dakota Department of Health
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Records, Dept of Health, 600 East Capitol, Pierre, SD 57501-2536; (605) 773-4961
Hutchinson County, South Dakota Resources
- Menno Historical Society
- Hutchinson County, South Dakota Message Boards
- Hutchinson County, South Dakota Genealogy Boards
Hutchinson County, South Dakota External Links
- South Dakota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from South Dakota (1861–2002)
- Hutchinson County, South Dakota Books - Amazon
- Hutchinson Co., South Dakota - FindaGrave
- Hutchinson County, South Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Hutchinson Co. SDGenweb
- Hutchinson County, South Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Hutchinson County, South Dakota Military Records