Corson County, South Dakota Records
Corson County, South Dakota (Map It) was created on March 2, 1909 from Indian lands. The county was named in honor of Dighton Corson, a Justice of the South Dakota Supreme Court.
Corson County Cities and Towns include Bullhead, Little Eagle, McIntosh, McLaughlin, Morristown, Walker.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old South Dakota maps.
Corson County, South Dakota Courthouse Records
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Corson county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Corson County Register of Deeds has Marriage Records from September 8, 1909 and Land Records from 1909?. The County Register of Deeds is the primary record-keeping and archival repository for county land records and for the recording & maintaining of records pertaining to that real estate, plats, deeds, mortgages & many miscellaneous documents. This office is the keeper of birth, death & marriage records, military discharge records, fictitious name filings, and various types of liens, including mechanic’s liens, state and federal tax liens.
- Corson County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1909? and Court Records from 1909?.
Corson County, South Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of South Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S., Schedules of Special Census of Indians: 1885-1940,
- State Population Schedules: 1905, 1915, 1925, 1935, 1945
Corson County, South Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of South Dakota Vital Records
- Birth, Death and Marriage Records: since July 1905, also from County Register of Deeds
- Divorce Records: since July 1905, also from County Clerk of Courts
- Locations: South Dakota Department of Health
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Records, Dept of Health, 600 East Capitol, Pierre, SD 57501-2536; (605) 773-4961
Corson County, South Dakota Resources
Corson County, South Dakota External Links
- South Dakota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from South Dakota (1861–2002)
- Corson County, South Dakota Books - Amazon
- Corson Co., South Dakota - FindaGrave
- Corson County, South Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Corson Co. SDGenweb
- Corson County, South Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Corson County, South Dakota Military Records