Beadle County, South Dakota Records
Beadle County, South Dakota (Map It) was created on February 22, 1879 from Buchard County, Clark County, Kingsbury County, and Spink County. The county was named in honor of William Henry Harrison Beadle, chief surveyor of Dakota Territory.
Beadle County Cities and Towns include Broadland, Bonilla, Cavour, Hitchcock, Huron, Iroquois, Virgil, Wessington, Wolsey, Yale.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old South Dakota maps.
Beadle County, South Dakota Courthouse Records
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Beadle county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
The state archives holds probate records, including inventories, appraisements, and wills (1882—1934); and justices’ court records (1882—1998).
- Beadle County Register of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1880 and Land Records from 1879?. The County Register of Deeds is the primary record-keeping and archival repository for county land records and for the recording & maintaining of records pertaining to that real estate, plats, deeds, mortgages & many miscellaneous documents. This office is the keeper of birth, death & marriage records, military discharge records, fictitious name filings, and various types of liens, including mechanic’s liens, state and federal tax liens.
- Beadle County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1882 and Court Records from 1882.
Beadle County, South Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of South Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S., Schedules of Special Census of Indians: 1880, 1885-1940,
- State Population Schedules: 1885 Territorial Census, 1895, 1905, 1915, 1925, 1935, 1945
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Beadle County, South Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of South Dakota Vital Records
- Birth, Death and Marriage Records: since July 1905, also from County Register of Deeds
- Divorce Records: since July 1905, also from County Clerk of Courts
- Locations: South Dakota Department of Health
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Records, Dept of Health, 600 East Capitol, Pierre, SD 57501-2536; (605) 773-4961
Beadle County, South Dakota Resources
- East River Genealogical Forum
- Beadle County, South Dakota Message Boards
- Beadle County, South Dakota Genealogy Boards
Beadle County, South Dakota External Links
- South Dakota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from South Dakota (1861–2002)
- Daily Plainsman (Huron, South Dakota)
- Evening Huronite (Huron, South Dakota)
- Huronite and Daily Plainsman (Huron, South Dakota)
- Daily Huronite (Huron, South Dakota)
- Dakota Huronite (Huron, South Dakota)
- Beadle County, South Dakota Books - Amazon
- Beadle Co., South Dakota - FindaGrave
- Beadle County, South Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Beadle Co. SDGenweb
- Beadle County, South Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Beadle County, South Dakota Military Records