Phillips County, Montana Records
Phillips County, Montana (Map It) was created on February 05, 1915 from Blaine County and Valley County. The county was named in honor of B.D. Phillips, a leading rancher and early pioneer in the county.
Phillips County Cities and Towns include Malta, Dodson, Saco.
A Map of Phillips County, Montana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Phillips County, Montana Courthouse Records
Phillips County, MT Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Phillips county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Phillips County Clerk and Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1914 / 1917 and Land Records from 1915. The County Clerk and Recorder responsibilities include but are not limited to, recording and maintaining the majority of all the legal documents relating to real estate records, land descriptions, plats and surveys, county birth and death records and the records of the Board of County commissioners.
- Phillips County Clerk of District Court has Marriage / Divorce Records from 1915, Probate Records from 1915 and Court Records from 1915. The County Clerk of District Court is responsible for all District Court records. These records include Adoption, Civil, Criminal, Dependent Neglect, Domestic Relations, Guardianship, Juvenile, Paternity, Probate and Sanity cases. The clerk also issues, files and records all Madison County Marriage license applications and license.
Phillips County, Montana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Montana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Phillips County, Montana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Montana Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from late 1907 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: indexes from July 1943 to present. Copies of marriage and divorce records are available from the Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Montana Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, MT Dept. of Public Health and Human Services, 111 North Sanders, Rm 209, Helena, MT 59604-4210; (406) 444-2685
Phillips County, Montana Resources
- Phillips County Genealogical Society
- Phillips County Historical Society
- Phillips County, Montana Message Boards
- Phillips County, Montana Genealogy Boards
Phillips County, Montana External Links
- Montana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Phillips County, Montana Books - Amazon
- Phillips Co., Montana - FindaGrave
- Phillips County, Montana Links - Cyndi's List
- Montana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Historical Newspapers from Montana (1866–1922)
- Phillips Co. MTGenweb
- Phillips County, Montana Ancestry Database Collections
- Phillips County, Montana Military Records