Talbot County, Georgia Records
Talbot County, Georgia (Map It) was created on December 14, 1827 from Muscogee County. Portions of Talbot County was used to form Taylor County in 1852. Talbot County was named in honor of Matthew Talbot (1762 - 1827), served in the Georgia State Senate for 15 years, including two years as the President of the Senate, and the Governor of Georgia for two weeks in 1819.
Talbot County is bordered by Upson County (northeast), Taylor County (southwest), Marion County (south), Muscogee County (southwest), Chattahoochee County (southwest), Harris County (west), Meriwether County (northwest)
A Map of Talbot County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Talbot County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Talbot County, GA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Talbot county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Talbot County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1828 and Court Records from 1828. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county. Be aware that Lands were given to Georgia citizens by lotteries for the years 1820, 1821, 1827, 1832, 1832 (Gold), 1833.
- Talbot County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1828 and Probate Records from 1828.The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Talbot County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Talbot County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Talbot County, Georgia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Georgia Census Substitutes 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1864 Census for Re-Organizing the Georgia Militia
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Talbot County, Georgia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Talbot County, Georgia Resources
Talbot County, Georgia External Links
- Georgia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Talbot County, Georgia Books - Amazon
- Talbot Co., Georgia - FindaGrave
- Georgia Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgia Virtual Vault - historical documents, from 1733 to the present
- Talbot County, Georgia Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Georgia (1752 - 1997)
- Talbot County, GA History
- Talbot Co. GAGenweb
- Talbot County Historical Chronology
- Talbot County, Georgia Ancestry Database Collections
- Historical Maps of Talbot County
- Talbot County, Georgia Military Records