Lamar County, Georgia Records
Lamar County, Georgia (Map It) was created on August 17, 1920 from Monroe County and Pike County. The county was named in honor of Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus Lamar (1825 - 93), a U.S. Senator and an Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
A Map of Lamar County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Lamar County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Lamar County, GA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Lamar county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Lamar County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1921 and Court Records from 1921. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county.
- Lamar County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1921 and Probate Records from 1921.The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Lamar County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Lamar County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Lamar County, Georgia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Lamar County, Georgia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Lamar County, Georgia Resources
- Barnesville-Lamar County Historical Society
- Old Jail Museum & Archives
- Central Georgia Genealogial Society
- Lamar County, Georgia Message Boards
Lamar County, Georgia External Links
- Georgia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Lamar County, Georgia Books - Amazon
- Lamar Co., Georgia - FindaGrave
- Georgia Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgia Virtual Vault - historical documents, from 1733 to the present
- Lamar County, Georgia Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Georgia (1752 - 1997)
- Lamar County, GA History
- Lamar Co. GAGenweb
- Lamar County Historical Chronology
- Lamar County, Georgia Ancestry Database Collections
- Historical Maps of Lamar County
- Lamar County, Georgia Military Records