Catoosa County, Georgia Records
A Map of Catoosa County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Catoosa County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Catoosa County, GA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Catoosa county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Catoosa County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1853 and Court Records from 1853. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county.
- Catoosa County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1853 and Probate Records from 1853.The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Catoosa County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Catoosa County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Catoosa County, Georgia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Georgia Census Substitutes 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1864 Census for Re-Organizing the Georgia Militia
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Catoosa County, Georgia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Catoosa County, Georgia Resources
- Northwest Georgia Historical & Genealogical Society
- Catoosa County Library
- Catoosa County Historical Society, PO Box 113; Ringgold, GA 30736-0113; Mary D. Humphreys; (706) 965-3056.
- Chickamauga Chattanooga NMP
- Catoosa County, Georgia Message Boards
Catoosa County, Georgia External Links
- Georgia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Catoosa County, Georgia Books - Amazon
- Catoosa Co., Georgia - FindaGrave
- Georgia Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgia Virtual Vault - historical documents, from 1733 to the present
- Catoosa County, Georgia Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Georgia (1752 - 1997)
- Catoosa County, GA History
- Catoosa Co. GAGenweb
- Catoosa County Historical Chronology
- Catoosa County, Georgia Ancestry Database Collections
- Historical Maps of Catoosa County
- Catoosa County, Georgia Military Records