Appling County, Georgia Records
Appling County, Georgia (Map It) was created on December 15, 1818 from Land ceded by the Creek Indians in theTreaty of Fort Jackson in 1814 and the Treaty of the Creek Agency in 1818.. Portions of Appling County were used to create the following counties: Pierce County in 1857, Jeff Davis County in 1905, and Bacon County in 1914. Appling County was named in honor of Colonel Daniel Appling (1787 - 1818), a hero of the War of 1812.
A Map of Appling County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Appling County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Appling County, GA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Appling county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Appling County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1828 and Court Records from 1829. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county. Be aware that Lands were given to Georgia citizens by lotteries for the years 1820, 1821, 1827, 1832, 1832 (Gold), 1833.
- Appling County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1869 and Probate Records from 1879.The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Appling County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Appling County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Appling County, Georgia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Georgia Census Substitutes 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1864 Census for Re-Organizing the Georgia Militia
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Appling County, Georgia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Appling County, Georgia Resources
- Appling County Heritage Center
- Appling County Historical Society,P.O. Box 1063, axley 31513-7063
- Appling County, Georgia Message Boards
Appling County, Georgia External Links
- Georgia Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Appling County, Georgia Books - Amazon
- Appling Co., Georgia - FindaGrave
- Georgia Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgia Virtual Vault - historical documents, from 1733 to the present
- Appling County, Georgia Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Georgia (1752 - 1997)
- Appling County, GA History
- Appling Co. GAGenweb
- Appling County, Georgia Ancestry Database Collections
- Historical Maps of Appling County
- Appling County, Georgia Military Records