Pawnee County, Kansas Records
Pawnee County, Kansas (Map It) was created on February 26, 1867 from Peketon Territory. The county was named for the Pawnee Native Americans, who lived in the area..
Pawnee County Cities and Towns include Larned, Burdett, Garfield, Rozel.
A Map of Pawnee County, Kansas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Pawnee County, Kansas Courthouse Records
Pawnee County, KS Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Pawnee county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Pawnee County Clerks Office has Birth Records from 1880-1911, Marriage Records from 1873 and Death Records from 1880-1911. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Pawnee County Register of Deeds Office has Land Records from 1872. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Pawnee County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1872 and Court Records from 1873. The Clerk of Court is part of the Judicial Branch of local government and as such is required to maintain a record of all documents filed with the courts, keep a record of all court proceedings, and collect various fines and forfeitures ordered by the court and specified by statute.
- Pawnee County Treasurers Office by Kansas State law is responsible for the tax billing, collection and distribution of tax money for the State, County, Cities and all other taxing entities that levy Ad Valorem and/or special assessment taxes. For the most part, tax records remain at the local level. Assessment and tax rolls are kept, permanently, by the County Treasurer's office.
Pawnee County, Kansas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kansas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1855, Census Collection, 1855-1925, 1919-1961
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pawnee County, Kansas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kansas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1, 1911 to present
- Marriage Records: from May 1, 1913 to present.
- Divorce Records: from July 1, 1951 to present.
- Locations: Kansas Office of Vital Statistics, Curtis State Office Building, 1000 S W Jackson, Suite 120, Topeka, KS 66612-2221; (785) 296-3253
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Pawnee County, Kansas Resources
- State of Kansas Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Kansas
- Search for Pawnee Co. records at the Kansas State Archives
- Pawnee County, Kansas Message Boards
Pawnee County, Kansas External Links
- Kansas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Pawnee County, Kansas Books - Amazon
- Pawnee Co., Kansas - FindaGrave
- Kansas Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Pawnee County, Kansas Links - Cyndi's List
- Pawnee County - Kansas Historical Society Biography
- Historical Newspapers from Kansas (1841–1981)
- Pawnee Co. KSGenweb
- Pawnee County, Kansas Ancestry Database Collections
- Pawnee County, Kansas Military Records