Greeley County, Kansas Records
Greeley County, Kansas (Map It) was created on March 20, 1873 (Organized on July 09, 1888) from Unorganized Territory. The county was named in honor of Horace Greeley (1811-1872), publisher of the New York Tribune and anti-slavery advocate..
Greeley County is bordered by Wallace County (north), Wichita County (east), Hamilton County (south), Prowers County, Colorado (southwest), Kiowa County, Colorado (west), Cheyenne County, Colorado (northwest).
Greeley County Cities and Towns include Tribune & Horace.
A Map of Greeley County, Kansas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Greeley County, Kansas Courthouse Records
Greeley County, KS Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Greeley county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Greeley County Clerks Office has Birth Records from 1896-1904, Marriage Records from 1887 and Death Records from 1897-1905. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Greeley County Register of Deeds Office has Land Records from 1880. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Greeley County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 18? and Court Records from 18?. The Clerk of Court is part of the Judicial Branch of local government and as such is required to maintain a record of all documents filed with the courts, keep a record of all court proceedings, and collect various fines and forfeitures ordered by the court and specified by statute.
- Greeley County Treasurers Office by Kansas State law is responsible for the tax billing, collection and distribution of tax money for the State, County, Cities and all other taxing entities that levy Ad Valorem and/or special assessment taxes. For the most part, tax records remain at the local level. Assessment and tax rolls are kept, permanently, by the County Treasurer's office.
Greeley County, Kansas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kansas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: Census Collection, 1855-1925, 1919-1961
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Greeley County, Kansas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kansas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1, 1911 to present
- Marriage Records: from May 1, 1913 to present.
- Divorce Records: from July 1, 1951 to present.
- Locations: Kansas Office of Vital Statistics, Curtis State Office Building, 1000 S W Jackson, Suite 120, Topeka, KS 66612-2221; (785) 296-3253
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Greeley County, Kansas Resources
- State of Kansas Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Kansas
- Greeley County Historical Society, P.O. Box 231, Tribune, KS 67879
- Search for Greeley Co. records at the Kansas State Archives
- Greeley County, Kansas Message Boards
Greeley County, Kansas External Links
- Kansas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Greeley County, Kansas Books - Amazon
- Greeley County, Kansas Cemetery Records - Tribune, KS
- Greeley Co., Kansas - FindaGrave
- Kansas Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Greeley County, Kansas Links - Cyndi's List
- Greeley County - Kansas Historical Society Biography
- Historical Newspapers from Kansas (1841–1981)
- Greeley Co. KSGenweb
- Greeley County, Kansas Ancestry Database Collections
- Greeley County, Kansas Military Records