St. Lucie County, Florida Records
St. Lucie County Cities and Towns include Fort Pierce, Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie.
A Map of St. Lucie County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
St. Lucie Co. Historical Events:
- Ft. Pierce was established as an army post during the Seminole Wars and was the only white settlement of any importance until after the Civil War.
- The coming of the railroad and the freeze of 1895 brought many settlers to this almost freeze-free region along the Indian River.
St. Lucie County, Florida Courthouse Records
St. Lucie County, FL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in St. Lucie county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- St. Lucie County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1905, Land Records from 1905, Probate Records from 1905 and Court Records from 1905. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- St. Lucie County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- St. Lucie County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
St. Lucie County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
St. Lucie County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
St. Lucie County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- St. Lucie Historical Society
- St. Lucie County, Florida Message Boards
St. Lucie County, Florida External Links
- Florida Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- St. Lucie County, Florida Books - Amazon
- St. Lucie Co., Florida - FindaGrave
- Florida Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- St. Lucie County Courthouse History
- St. Lucie County, Florida Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Florida (1823 - 1959)
- St. Lucie Co. FLGenweb
- St. Lucie County, Florida Ancestry Database Collections
- St. Lucie County maps from Exploring Florida website
- St. Lucie County, Florida Military Records