Terrell County, Texas Records
Terrell County, Texas (Map It) was created on April 8, 1905 from Pecos County. This county was named for Alexander Watkins Terrell, attorney, judge, state legislator, diplomat, and Confederate cavalry officer..
Terrell County Cities and Towns include Sanderson.. A Map of Terrell County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Terrell County, Texas Courthouse Records
Terrell County, TX Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Terrell county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Terrell County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1905, Marriage Records from 1905, Land Records from 1906, Probate Records from 1905 and Court Records from 1905. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Terrell County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Terrell County, Texas Census Records
Terrell County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Terrell County, Texas Resources
- Terrell County Historical Commission
- Terrell Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Terrell County, Texas Message Boards
Terrell County, Texas External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Terrell County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910
- Terrell Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Terrell Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography
- Terrell County History
- Terrell County, Texas Links - Cyndi's List
- Terrell Co. TXGenweb
- Terrell County, Texas Ancestry Database Collections
- Texas, Naturalization Records, 1906-1989
- Texas General Land Office Map Collection
- Terrell County, Texas Military Records