Allen Parish, Louisiana Records
Allen Parish Cities and Towns include Elizabeth, Kinder, Oakdale, Oberlin, Reeves.
A Map of Allen Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Allen Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
Allen Parish, LA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Allen parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Allen Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1913, Land Records from 1886, Probate Records from 1913 and Court Records from 1913. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
Allen Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Allen Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
Allen Parish, Louisiana Resources
- Allen Genealogical & Historical Society, P.O. Box 789, Kinder, LA70648-0789
- Central Louisiana Genealogical Society
- Allen Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- Allen Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Boards
Allen Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Allen Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- Allen Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Allen Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- Allen Parish LAGenweb
- Allen Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Allen Parish, Louisiana Military Records