Trigg County, Kentucky Records
Trigg County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on January 27, 1820 from Christian County and Caldwell County. The county was named in honor of Stephen Trigg (1744–1782), military colonel killed at the Battle of Blue Licks .
Trigg County Cities and Towns include Cadiz, Cerulean, Wallonia, Canton, Rockcastle.
A Map of Trigg County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Trigg County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Trigg County, KY Courthouse
The Trigg County Courthouse is located in Cadiz, Kentucky. Courthouse fires on 13 Dec 1864, 13 Jan 1892, and 29 Nov 1920 destroyed many records Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Trigg county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Triggd County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1820, Land Records from 1820 and Probate Records from 1820 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Trigg County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1820. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Trigg County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Trigg County Elected Officials
Trigg County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Trigg County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Trigg County, Kentucky Resources
- Trigg County Historical Society, Route 2; 274 Dyers Hill Road, Cadiz KY 42211
- Trigg County Historical & Preservation Society, Box 1008, Cadiz KY 42211
- Trigg County, Kentucky Message Boards
Trigg County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Trigg County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Trigg Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Trigg County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Trigg County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Trigg Co. KYGenweb
- Trigg County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Trigg County, Kentucky Military Records