Scott County, Kentucky Records
Scott County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on June 1, 1792 from Woodford County. The county was named in honor of Charles Scott, Revolutionary war general and later Governor of Kentucky (1808–1812) .
Scott County is bordered by Grant County (north), Harrison County (northeast), Bourbon County (east), Fayette County (southeast), Woodford County (southwest), Franklin County (west), Owen County (northwest).
Scott County Cities and Towns include Georgetown, Sadieville, Stamping Ground.
A Map of Scott County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Scott County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Scott County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Scott county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Scottd County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1837, Land Records from 1793 and Probate Records from 1796 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Scott County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1792. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Scott County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Scott County Elected Officials
Scott County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Scott County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Scott County, Kentucky Resources
- Scott County Genealogical Society
- Scott County Historical Society
- Scott County Public Library
- Scott County, Kentucky Message Boards
Scott County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Scott County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Scott Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Georgetown / Scott County Chamber of Commerce
- Scott County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Scott County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Scott Co. KYGenweb
- Scott County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Scott County, Kentucky Military Records