Rockcastle County, Kentucky Records
Rockcastle County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on January 8, 1810 from Pulaski County, Lincoln County, Knox County and Madison County. The county was named for the Rockcastle River, the boundary between Rockcastle and Laurel County.
Rockcastle County Cities and Towns include Brodhead, Livingston, Mount Vernon.
A Map of Rockcastle County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Rockcastle County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Rockcastle County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Rockcastle county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Rockcastled County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1852, Land Records from 1865 and Probate Records from 1855 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Rockcastle County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1873. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Rockcastle County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Rockcastle County Elected Officials
Rockcastle County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Rockcastle County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Rockcastle County, Kentucky Resources
Rockcastle County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Rockcastle County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Rockcastle Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Proctor Family Genealogy website (non-profit) for Rockcastle County, Kentucky
- Rockcastle County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Rockcastle County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Rockcastle Co. KYGenweb
- Rockcastle County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Rockcastle County, Kentucky Military Records