Robertson County, Kentucky Records
Robertson County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on August 1, 1867 from Bracken County, Nicholas County, Harrison County and Mason County. The county was named in honor of George Robertson, chief justice of the Kentucky court of appeals (1828–1843) .
Robertson County Cities and Towns include Kentontown, Mount Olivet, Piqua.
A Map of Robertson County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Robertson County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Robertson County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Robertson county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Robertson County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1867, Land Records from 1868 and Probate Records from 1864 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Robertson County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1867. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Robertson County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Robertson County Elected Officials
Robertson County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Robertson County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Robertson County, Kentucky Resources
- Robertson County Historical Society, Mt. Olivet KY 41064
- Robertson County, Kentucky Message Boards
Robertson County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Robertson County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Robertson Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Robertson County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Robertson County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Robertson Co. KYGenweb
- Robertson County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Robertson County, Kentucky Military Records