Pike County, Kentucky Records
Pike County is bordered by Martin County (north), Mingo County, West Virginia (east), Buchanan County, Virginia (southeast), Dickenson County, Virginia (south), Wise County, Virginia (south), Letcher County (southwest), Knott County (southwest), Floyd County (west).
Pike County Cities and Towns include Cedarville, Coal Run Village, Elkhorn City, Mouthcard, Phelps, Pikeville, South Williamson.
A Map of Pike County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Pike County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Pike County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Pike county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Piked County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1822, Land Records from 1788 and Probate Records from 1839 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Pike County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1822. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Pike County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Pike County Elected Officials
Pike County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pike County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Pike County, Kentucky Resources
- Pike County Historical Society, PO Box 97, Pikeville, KY 41502
- Elkhorn City Area Heritage Council
- Pike County, Kentucky Message Boards
Pike County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Pike County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Pike Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Pike County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Pike County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Powell Co. KYGenweb
- Pike County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Pike County, Kentucky Military Records