Perry County, Kentucky Records
Perry County is bordered by Breathitt County (north), Knott County (northeast), Letcher County (southeast), Harlan County (south), Leslie County (west), Clay County (northwest), Owsley County (northwest).
Perry County Cities and Towns include Buckhorn, Cornettsville, Hazard, Vicco, Saul, Ary, Viper.
A Map of Perry County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Perry County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Perry County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Perry county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Perryd County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1821, Land Records from 1821 and Probate Records from 1901 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Perry County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1831. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Perry County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Perry County Elected Officials
Perry County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Perry County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Perry County, Kentucky Resources
- Perry County Genealogical and Historical Society, Inc. ( Disbanded about 2000. All their records will now be found at the Perry Co. Public Library.)
- Perry County Public Library
- Perry County, Kentucky Message Boards
Perry County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Perry County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Perry Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Perry County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Perry County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Perry Co. KYGenweb
- Perry County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Perry County, Kentucky Military Records