Owen County, Kentucky Records
Owen County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on February 6, 1819 from Scott County, Franklin County, Gallatin County and Pendleton County. The county was named in honor of Abraham Owen (1769–1811), killed at the Battle of Tippecanoe.
Owen County Cities and Towns include Gratz, Monterey, Owenton.
A Map of Owen County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Owen County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Owen County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Owen county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Owen County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1819, Land Records from 1819 and Probate Records from 1819 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Owen County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1819. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Owen County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Owen County Elected Officials
Owen County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Owen County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Owen County, Kentucky Resources
- Owen County Historical Society, c/o Owen County Library, P.O. Box 296, 206 N Main St, Owenton, KY 40359; Phone:(502) 484-2529
- Owen County, Kentucky Message Boards
Owen County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Owen County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Owen Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Owen County Community Website
- Owen County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Owen County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Owen Co. KYGenweb
- Owen County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Owen County, Kentucky Military Records